Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chore Packs

We started our chore packs this morning and I love them!

I got the chore packs with the book Managers of Their Chores by Steven and Teri Maxwell. I really like how these work! The book can be ordered at http://www.titus2.com/ I sat down with Lukes and let him help me pick out his chores. We then printed out the picture chore cards. He knows how to read, but said the picture cards looked like more fun(I agree).

I love that the book talks about why we should teach our children to have chores. There are lifetime benefits gained by doing chores as a kid. By handing everything to our children we take away their incentive to make something out of their lifes.

I have been reading the book Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers and I love what she has to say in her book about this "Making things easier on your children is sometimes the worst thing you can do. Of course, sometimes it's easier for you. But what does it do in the long term?"

So far Lukes has been really excited about this and sped through his chores this morning. We also made an evening chore pack and we will be trying that out tonight.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really neat. I checked it out this morning and I definitely want to order that book and set up the chores for the kids!

    ReplyDelete